Post by Knighty » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:43 am

Joeri wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:58 pm
Knighty wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:06 pm
Joeri wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:24 pm
Here's a picture of mine.

Great looking Pinz, Joeri! Just taken my 718K to the body shop for a full respray in Silicon Silver colour... the only similarity to a Land Rover! (Their paint colour!)
Thank you but its not the original colour, the original colour was a mat green but not the army green....i've been told That this was common on the testvehicle's at steyr puch in Grazz . Funny Things is That mine is registrated as a '89 year but a frind of mine has a 86/87 year registration but his vin number is way higher Than mine , when i bought it they told me That it has been a test vehicle at steyr for 4/ 5 years....so i guess when it did its duty at steyr it never left the site so no need for a registation...but when they sold it after those 4/ years they registrated it as a ' 89......but its one of the first 10 that where build . Then i found out its a 12v one so i looked deeper and found out That its a original civillian version....i have seen That there were 211 civillian td pinzgauers build but off those 211 were more 6x6 (718) and more RHD Than LHD ...so i dont know how many LHD 716k civillian ones are made but i guess never more Than 100 ? I turns a pinzgauer completley if you paint it in a different colour Than army green. :D
Interesting to know there were only circa 211 12 volt Pinzgauer's - I thought it may have been fewer. I've recently sold my civilian 716K P80. I'd be interested to know how many 718K models were built, split between P80, P90, P93, and the UK ATL ones. Likely to be only small numbers, considering the total number of diesel Pinzgauers to be circa 7,000.

Didicoy

Re: How durable are 716 mk’s

Post by Didicoy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Joeri wrote:
Knighty wrote:
Joeri wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:24 pm
Here's a picture of mine.

Great looking Pinz, Joeri! Just taken my 718K to the body shop for a full respray in Silicon Silver colour... the only similarity to a Land Rover! (Their paint colour!)
Thank you but its not the original colour, the original colour was a mat green but not the army green....i've been told That this was common on the testvehicle's at steyr puch in Grazz . Funny Things is That mine is registrated as a '89 year but a frind of mine has a 86/87 year registration but his vin number is way higher Than mine , when i bought it they told me That it has been a test vehicle at steyr for 4/ 5 years....so i guess when it did its duty at steyr it never left the site so no need for a registation...but when they sold it after those 4/ years they registrated it as a ' 89......but its one of the first 10 that where build . Then i found out its a 12v one so i looked deeper and found out That its a original civillian version....i have seen That there were 211 civillian td pinzgauers build but off those 211 were more 6x6 (718) and more RHD Than LHD ...so i dont know how many LHD 716k civillian ones are made but i guess never more Than 100 ? I turns a pinzgauer completley if you paint it in a different colour Than army green. :D
I suspect my 6x6 718 could be one of those RHD Diesel auto civilian vehicles (I’ve not looked in to it) however it was bought factory new and delivered to a all terrain expedition coach builders in Wiltshire, to be converted into a motorhome.

Joeri

Post by Joeri » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:00 pm

Knighty wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:43 am
Joeri wrote:
Knighty wrote:

Interesting to know there were only circa 211 12 volt Pinzgauer's - I thought it may have been fewer. I've recently sold my civilian 716K P80. I'd be interested to know how many 718K models were built, split between P80, P90, P93, and the UK ATL ones. Likely to be only small numbers, considering the total number of diesel Pinzgauers to be circa 7,000.
Well....looking at the numbers of pinzgauers being produced i think the civilian 716K LHD is the holy grail among the pinzgauers. There where 2 factoty build with Windows behind the rear doors....a silver one and a gold one...the silver one is owned by a Britisch guy That i know. Then there were the LHD 718 that where used by the Reinbrowne mining company in Germany , they all had this ugly yellow/ Brown color and a higher front Window...most of them had a very rough live and where in very bad mechanicle shape :roll:

Knighty

Post by Knighty » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:14 am

Hi Joeri,

Just noticed that you've got the hard shell tent on the roof without using a roof rack. Can you show how you've fixed it to the parallel roof bars? Have you noticed any bending of the body at all?

Does anyone know what load the roof bars can take? I'm looking to install a Front Runner rack (c40kg), and standard supports to the rain gutters can sometimes spoil the look. I'll have a canvas roof tent in time (c50kg), plus a spare wheel (c50kg), plus awning (c25kg). Hence this might total c165kg when travelling and perhaps double that weight if two people are sleeping in the tent.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.